We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
wedding

Any comments on Weddings at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo?

What sort of things should I think of ahead of time?

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding

if all of your guests are staying at hotel -great-if not -need to make arrangements to get them on the property

they have wedding gazebo in the public area- you willhave folks walking by thru out ceremony

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
515 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding

I got married there in April 2005. It was a wonderful experience...the staff, especially our wedding coordinator, really went out of their way to accomodate everyone's needs.

The first thing you need to think about is whether you're going to have a legal ceremony or a religious one... the religious one is not a recognized, legal marriage; rather, it's just a ceremony. If you decide to go the legal route, as we did, you'll need to determine what documents, blood tests, etc. are required and in the case of some of the paperwork, provide it to the wedding coordinator prior to your arrival. Also, you'll have to be on premises at least three full business days prior to the wedding.

You'll also have to decide in which of the restaurants you wish to have your reception dinner and advise your wedding coordinator a month or so prior to the wedding.

All the other details, such as the actual location of the wedding, flowers, cake, etc. will be finalized when you get to the resort and meet with the coordinator.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please ask!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding

I was married at the Lindo in May 2006. I thought we had a lovely wedding in the gazebo located between some of the buildings. The other location choices are the gazebo above the wave pool or the beach. We opted for the gazebo between the buildings as it was the most private and quiet. I originally wanted to marry on the beach but found the gawkers too intrusive for my taste. We did however go to the beach after the ceremony to take pictures, which were beautiful.

Overall the wedding coordinators were good, Lizzette was helpful and although I was worried at times that things I wanted were lost in translation, everything turned out the way I wanted.

One thing I would recommend is mixing your own CD for the music during the ceremony. One for the walk down the aisle, one for directly after the ceremony...and my husband and I also had our first dance after the ceremony rather than doing it in the Lobby bar.

Also I recommend the 2 layer strawberry cheesecake wedding cake. It was fab, and they decorate it with the flowers of the bride's bouquet. If anyone has questions, or wish to see pictures, shoot me an email at Njohns7@luc.edu. Good luck!

4. Re: wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2006, 09:20
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding

www.mikeserver.com/wedding

is my father in-laws website with some unedited photos of the wedding. Enjoy!

6. Re: wedding

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2006, 10:00
7. Re: wedding

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 22:18