We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriages

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Marriages

Im looking for any input about getting married at the Riu Palace Mexico. Any pros, and cons would be appreciated. Any info on cost would be helpful as well.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriages

I personaly think it is great to get married in Mexico, it's really romantic with the beach, the atmopshere and the party. The costs of the legal papers is around $200 including the registration. You will need to bring Passport with the Tourist Card handed to you by the Inmigration Service.

Birth certificate (Original and ONE copy legally notarized and sealed)

The birth certificates must be translated into Spanish by a certified translator in Mexico.

And you will need to have some papers taking care in Mexico. I copy this information from graylinetaxicancun.com.mx/Information/…

It explain everything about it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriages

What do you mean by sealed?

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriages

on your birth certificate it has to have a raised seal its the seal they use to make it authentic. if you run your fingers over your Birth certificate you should be able to feel a large circular design embedded into the paper

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriages

In Mexico you also need a blood test to get married. That is why alot of couples get "legally married" in Canada, then do the "symbolic" ceremony down there. Your guests will never know the difference.

It also depends on which resort you choose. Some of them have different requirements(depends on their region) so I would check directly with the resort for that.

I found alot of this out last year when I was planning my wedding at Azul. Sadly, the hurricane cancelled it, but it was alot of fun planning...

I was at the Riu Palace in April, just LOVED it there. I had wanted to get married at a smaller, more intimate resort though. Check out www.karismahotels.com. Fab wedding planner there and you can have your reception right on the beach.

Matlock

NH
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriages

Hey there -

Just got married in playa 3weeks ago. Legal wedding - no big deal. My wedding planner took us to the clinic for our blood test. We were done in about 10 min. You have to be in Mexico for 3 business days before you can legally get married. If you go to this web site , www.weddingsinplaya.com. They will explain alot. This is my wedding planners web site. If you are using a hotel the wedding planner there will handle all of this for you. There is no better place to get married. If you would like to email me - I will give you a link to look at my wedding pictures. If you have any questions just ask . I just went through the whole thing - maybe I can help.

www.wendycampbell29@yahoo.com

Wendy

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriages

Hi ya,

I'm getting married at the Riu Palace Mexico on 18 April 2007. They have a website weddingsbyriu.com where they have information on all the packages they offer and the price. You can also check availability for when you are thinking of going and a link to frequently asked questions.

Let me know if I can be any more help. I'm going through the same thing at the moment.

Michelle

7. Re: Marriages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 20:17