We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I am not going to RH, then next best???

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
9 posts
Save Topic
If I am not going to RH, then next best???

The beach problems worry me at the RH. Where would you go in PDC area that had great rooms, good food and drinks, and great beach? Also, this is an anniversary trip...so not a ton a kids, or at least a resort that has a adult area to get away to. Thought of Secrets, but seems their beach is so-so, and too far away from PDC for me.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

I am still going to stay at RH. Looks too good to pass up. I am not going until May so hopfully some of the beach will "grow back".

Although, I was tettering between Secrets and RH. After reading endless reviews on both. Decided with RH.

So, to make a long story short I would say Secrets Excellence would be the alternative.

PS-I hope I don't kick myself for this one!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

Kim....

If you are going with that attitude you won't kick yourself. Everything else RH has to offer will make up for the lack of beach.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

I would suggest the RIU Palace....check out its reviews...we loved it, very classy, excellent food and beach. Heard the beach is still good. Good location too.

Colorado
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

Thank you for the suggestions!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

This was also a tough decision for my husband and I. We had our hearts set on RH but decided against it because of the beach. We are going to Secrets Capri in May. It is not far from PDC. I think either place will be wonderful. We'll probably do RH next year or even sooner if the beaches clear up. For now though it's Secrets Capri for us!!!! can't wait!!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

"Everything else that RH has to offer will make up for no beach"?????

What does that mean??? RH has no more to offer than any other of the top resorts in RH. Why spend $600.00 a night to be jammed around a pool? Have workers shoveling sand at you? Break an ankle trying to walk over sand bags? And sleep on a concrete slab in a Mariott type room? You might as well be in Miami Beach. Sure RH has good food and good service from its waitstaff and bartenders-----but to pay all that money just for service and food???? I don't think so!

For a special anniversary trip w/no kids go to Little Palm Island, Cap Jaluca, One & Only Palmilla, Four Seasons Punta Mita. etc. etc etc. There are many resorts out there that are heads and tails above RH. People that rave about this place must not have an idea what a 5 star property is truly like or they just love to throw their money away.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

Yes Maryella that's my opinion. Don't like it too bad. You sound so pompus it isn't even funny.

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

denverdiva, very strongly recommend Secrets Capri! We were there last October and had such a great and relaxing time in a beautiful setting, we're going again April 30th. Great food, rooms, beach and the service is second to none!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

Excuse me SUNLOVER do I know you? I hope not. Please don't make assumptions about peoples personality from a message board. You ARE entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. That is why people read message boards so they can get the full story. Just because I did not share your high opinion of RH is no reason to resort to name calling.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If I am not going to RH, then next best???

I took offense to the two comments you made about my posts. You insunuated that people who rave about RH don't know what a 5 star resort is. So that's why my opion of you is not too fond. Yes we are all entitle to our opinions. And I stated mine. No we don't have to share the same opinions on Royal Hideaway. I had a great experience there. I'm sorry you didn't but to scare other people off I feel is irresponsible on a public forum. You don't know these people you are advising and you don't know their needs or wants they may not be the same as yours. You come off very strong in your posts, and it's offensive.

Sorry but that's my opinion. jo