We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Almost time, RUI Palace, leaving the 28th. Who's all going?

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

I will be at the Riu Palace October 14 for a week. Cannot wait, just love it there...

Matlock

Kansas City
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Matlock,

We never been there, sounds like you have. Any hints or pointers? We will be there the 28th thru 2nd. I know short trip, hard to get away from work. If we like we'll go back in the spring for a longer time.

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Kansas,

Hi, yes I was there in April. It is the only resort I have ever returned to for a second time! There is just nothing at all that I would complain about. It really was perfect.

Make your dinner reservations for the a la carte places in the morning of the night you want to go. People seem to always complain about this, but for us, it was no problem as we are early risers anyways... The Japanese was my favorite one for sure, then the french one.

We also walked down to the new Palace and had breakfast there one morning. We walked through all the other Rius and were very happy we booked the Palace.

It is not a party resort at all, but that is why we liked it so much. We are only in our 30's but past that stage. I also liked the fact that only Palace guests could use the facilities at the Palace. There was never a wait for anything, tons of loungers on the beach and pool. It was fun to walk to the other Rius and have the odd drink and take a peek around.

Room service every morning if you want. I always did the breakfast buffet though, since I love the mimosas! Others in our group ordered in though.

I really have no tips because I found everything so perfect and am very easy to please on vacation. The beach is the most important thing to me and this beach was amazing. The location of the resort is also perfect. Just a $5.00 cab ride to town, or a half an hour walk or so.

Matlock

Kansas City
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Matlock

Thanks for the review. All we have heard is great things about the Palace. I did not know that guest from the other RIU's couldn't use the Palace property. But being a Palace guest we can use all the RIU properties. Is that correct?

We are in our mid 40's and like to party a litlle also, but really like it a little more slow when we want or need it.

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Yes, only the Palace guests are allowed on the property and can use all the other Rius. The only meal you cannot have at another Riu is dinner. The beaches are all public, but the lounge chairs can only be used by Palace guests. The other Riu beaches can get a little crowded because the Riu Tequila(not beach front) guests use theirs.

Some people complained about the pool, but we loved it and we are not even pool people. People complain about it being too small, but we do not any laps or anything, we just want to get wet and use the swim up bar. I have stayed at resorts that had a beautiful pool, but it was so cold we could not use it. This one is a great temperature.

Men do have to wear pants at dinner time, no shorts allowed.

Matlock

Kansas City
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Matlock

Thanks for all the info. I'll let you know what we thought after we get back.

Little Falls NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

I just booked my trip to Palace Mexico. I am going with 2 friend from Oct 14-22! Can't wait to go. Glad to hear that you have been there and are going back Matlock

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Leaving the 30th of Sept. for 6 nights. Trying to decide if we are going to upgrade from Yucatan to Palace Mexico.

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Tweet,

I will be there the same time as you are. Let's pray for no hurricanes!

Last year I was supposed to be married at Azul resort in November but it was ruined by the hurricane. We ended up getting married here and taking some family with us to the Riu Palace Mexico in April.

I was waiting to book it to see if the price dropped, but am very glad I booked it last week because I do not see it on Selloff Vacations anymore as of today.

Matlock

Little Falls NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 week 2 days RUI Palace

Matlock,

I think we got a good deal through SunMex. Wow there at the same time.

A few questions if you don't mind.

What was the age group there? We are 3 single gals are there other singles?

Did you do any tipping?

Are there actual keys for the room and safe or key cards?

Any advice would be most appreciated.