We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the beaches and water different in PDC than Cancun?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walla Walla
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How are the beaches and water different in PDC than Cancun?

Can you tell me how the beaches and water are different in PDC than Cancun. Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the beaches and water different in PDC than Cancun?

I think so much depends on which resort you choose....from our experiences, in Cancun the water at one of the resorts in the middle of the strip (ex. Cancun Palace) is very clear, but also rough. A lot of big waves and undertoe....we think the waves are fun, but some people, especially those with small children may not. We've only stayed at the Royal Porto Real in PDC and found the water to be very nice....not as clear as Cancun and much calmer. I have heard that the water at the Playacar resorts is much better than right in PDC where the RPR is located.

2. Re: How are the beaches and water different in PDC than Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:17