We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
2 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

My family will be travelling to PDC in December to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. They have never seen the white sand and blue water of the Carribean and while there, they would like to take the opportunity to renew there wedding vows. Now I've done a bit of research on the topic and found out that our resort offers the service but at a cost of $750 US (for a minister and bottle of champaign... hardly worth the money to me...). I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has ideas to help me out with this special event. Restaurants (or other places) away from the resort? Special Cruises? Something else?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

We will be there in December for our anniversary and at one time thought of doing the same thing. I am curious as to where you have decided to stay. We are not going to have our family with us.It is just too large

Alberta
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

We will be staying at the Grand Coco Bay Resort. Seems like a nice place; within easy walking distance to town. Have you had any thoughts as to how you will celebrate your anniversary?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

I hate to admit it because I am probably the oldest on this board but it is our 50th.Because we like this type of resort we always end up with the honeymooners.Just give me warm weather and warm water and I am happy. We like all inclusive resorts or cruises.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

Congratulations to both couples! We celebrated our 25th in Hawaii last year. We didn't do a ceremony or anything, it was just the two of us, but very romantic.

It does seem outrageous for the hotel to charge $750 for what you get! If you go to that area all the time maybe you could line up your own minister from a local church to meet you somewhere and have your own ceremony. I read either on this board of playa.info that someone hired a local photographer who took over a hundred portraits in an hour and it cost them $50.00. I'll look in my notes for his website if you respond and say your'e interested.

5. Re: Ideas for 40th wedding anniversary???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:20