We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walla Walla
Level Contributor
428 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

I'm confused! What is the difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal - are they seperate properties? Why would I want to stay in one over the other?

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

Difference, none, other than decor. Seems different travel agents book different sides, Apple books Tucan, Funjet books Quetzal, etc.

The two sides share the pool, beach and restaurants although they do have separate lobbies. Lots more info on the Iberostar board

www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php

Stayed at the Tucan, great resort.

Detroit MI
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

I've stayed at both- really no difference. Tucan is on one side of the pool, Queztal the other. It is really all one complex. You have access to all restaurants and facilites from either. I really haven't noticed any decor differences either. Like previously said- Apple is currently booking the Tucan side; Funjet is booking Queztal. There are seperate open air lobbies for check in but you have access to both- each has a bar and shops. Go to the side you get the best price- you won't be disappointed. Great place!!

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

I agree, and why they are rated differently makes no sense! Same food and beach...different lobbies! We stayed on the Tucan side last Nov. as the other side was not up to standards after the hurricane. I am sure they are equals by now.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

We're looking forward to our first trip to IB Quetzal/Tucan. it seems as though many resorts do the sharing of pools and interiors as we experienced at the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum / Akumal and the Grand Palladium Colonial / Kantenah. In the two mentioned above the only differences were in the style of architecture. We enjoyed each one.

TX
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

Sometimes one side is less expensive than the other based on who has a sale going on. They are the exact same and no matter which side you stay on you still use both for everything.

I stayed in both and they are great!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

I went to the Tucan last summer, and it was great. Tucan and Quetzal- No major difference. I know, I'm not a lot of help, but I try! Very short post I made though.........

7. Re: Difference between Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Queztal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 23:16