We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Morning America

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good Morning America

Did anyone see today's Good Morning America? They are going to the new 7 wonders of the world and today's was Chichen Itza, or really, all of the Mayan Riviera. Very interesting. Wish I could have sat and watched it instead of rushing out the door!

ohio
Level Contributor
573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Morning America

I caught most of it.. yes, I totally agree! I was watching it wishing I was there right now instead of dreary, rainy Ohio!!

Texas
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Morning America

Ditto Tweek...

Chichen is certainly worth the drive when one has the time. a GREAT site!!!

Holland,MI
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Morning America

I was lucky enough to be able to see most of the program. It sure made me want to be down there right now, but I guess I will have to wait until the end of March.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Morning America

I could not believe how steep those steps were, when they showed Robin standing on the 'pyramid' thing....

They did mention that people were generally not allowed to climb those steps and I can certainly see why!

Black Hawk, CO...
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Morning America

When I visited Chichen Itsa in '92, we were able to climb the pyramid. Coming down was more scary-due to the steepness! A lot of people sat down and scooted down the stairs.

Several years later, I was atop the temple at Coba, enjoying the view. A couple was huffing and puffing when they reached the top.

Keeping a straight face, I asked; "Why didn't you take the elavator?"

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Morning America

Robin said it was wet, too. It's a whole different perspective from the top! Hope you took some great pictures, Fliposo!

7. Re: Good Morning America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 17:20