We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

minneapolis
6 posts
Save Topic
Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

I am going to stay at this resort with a rather large group in March. Some of us booked junior suites with an oceanview and some booked junior suites without an oceanview. Does anyone know the layout of the hotel? Will we be able to have our rooms next to or across the hall from each other? Or will we be in separate wings?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

HOPEFULLY the online check in will be working by then & you can pick your rooms before arriving.........

Menasha WI
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

The resort is in a horseshoe type shape so the suites could possibly be across from each other. They could also end up in a totally different part of the resort depending on how booked the resort is and March is high season so expect it to be full.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

The Resort layout is available at …webshots.com/28/9/46/76/2588946760035014968…

minneapolis
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

Online check in? Where can I learn about that? That would really be great- thanks to all of you for your posts - very helpful.

Kitchener Ont.
Level Contributor
674 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

go to there website. It won't be available till Dec. but you can read all about it.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

I have to admit.....I'd be VERY surprised if all and sundry could choose their rooms with on-line check-in....I've got a sneaking suspicion it'll just be those who booked directly with Royal Porto.....We are going there from 2nd - 9th Dec. - (hubby and I) - and although it would be nice to be able to pick our room on 1st Dec.....I'm not holding my breath that that is going to happen! We booked through Travelocity and when I e-mailed to ask for a room away from construction noise and dirt, (granted, I asked for a particular room based on advice on TripAdvisor), was informed that it would cost us another $40 night......(seemingly an "upgrade" away from construction!) (BTW...it was only pool-view). I will let you know what happens....))).

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

You have to have booked an upgraded room type in order to choose where sepcifically you want to be in the resort. Example OceanFRONT.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

According to the website you will be able to check in online 48 hrs prior to arrival - it'll be interesting to see if this actually works come December. It doesn't say anything about only being available to upgraded rooms. It says you can choose your exact room & the key will be waiting...... It may be a case where you'd need your reservation # but I would think the travel agent should have it. We shall see! I'm not counting on it, but sure would be nice.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

I can hardly wait to hear back from anyone going in Dec. to see if the on-line check it actually works. I suspect the same thing, that only those who book directly through the resort will have that option of on-line check in. It just seems unrealistic but it's supposed to be a "new" thing for Royal PDC and Royal Cancun. My TA was telling me that it's been kind of frustrating because so much has changed with this resort since we booked back in April. The good thing is we booked Junior Suite Garden View originally and all 6 rooms have been upgraded by the AC Vacations Rep to Junior Suite Oceanview. My TA also told me that the one thing she does know is that Air Canada Vacations always get great rooms (location wise). I have yet to confirm this with other AC Vacation travellers but I would love to hear back from people what room they got and I can keep track of where those rooms are.

Ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Porto Real Resort & Spa

Shhhhhh, keep it down about the online booking. I'm going Dec 9 and I want to have my pick of the hotel. I'm skeptical but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.