We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

USA
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

I'd like to hear opinions here please for my wife and me, end of January, about 4 full days there. Looking for nice beach, big pools, lots of lounge chairs(not one of these places where everyone is up at 6:AM throwing towels on chairs to reserve them) good restaurants, and town nearby. 4 star preferred. All inclusive ok or, talk me out of it if you think a bad deal.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

Royal Porto Real (and it's adults only)......if the construction issues get sorted out! Also, Riu Palace Mexico (not adults only, but very few children). Both of these are AI and 5,6 star (depending on the vendor).

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

They way you've set up things, it's tough to answer, because while some aspects of your description (big pools, may lots of lounge chairs, star rating, and good restaurants, if you mean restaurant_s_ at the property itself) basically only ever fit large AI-type resorts, whereas other aspects of your description (town nearby, avoiding the towel game during the early morning hours) basically only fit small, independent properties, especially as most of the in-town properties are of that type and most of the bigger resorts are out of town (some closer, some farther).

Steve

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

Check out the Shangri-La Caribe: www.shangrilacaribe.net. It fits all your requirements but is a small independent, AI breakfast and dinner and a short walk to everything in PDC. We're going for our second time in Jan. You can find reviews of it on 'trip advisor' for more details....

kildeer, IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

My husband and I basically had the same requirements and through trip advisor decided to split our trip between La Tortuga and Shangri La.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

hands down, royal porto real, great beach, great food, great rooms, great location, 1 block off of 5th avenue. You can see the beach just up from the Royal if you go to playa.info and click on their webcam. We e-mailed out family back home and told them when to log on and they got to see us on the beach. Pretty cool! Have been here twice to this location and will be going back a third time and other 2 couples liked it also.

6. Re: Top Five beach hotels Playa D C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 23:17