We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Rhode Island
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Hey does anyone have any input on the condition of the beach at the Brand new, Riu Palace Riviera Maya? I have read reviews that say the hotel is fabulous but there is no beach.

I an seriously concidering changing my reservation to the RIU Mexico.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lisa

Traveling Jan. 2007

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

I was there a couple of weeks ago (I posted the review about girls trip with little kids).

I was disappointed in the beach. I wouldn't stay there again just for that reason. Yes, the hotel is lovely and very clean, but the beach was a let down.

It didn't ruin our trip in the least, but I think a fab beach would have just made it even better :)

HAPPY TRAVELS!!

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Hi Lisa,

I don't know how often size of the beach changes there (or should I say how often beach disappears), but when we stayed at RPRM a couple of months ago, the beach was great. I mean it was there! There was a lower beach and an upper beach. The lower beach wasn't wide, but you could walk up and down it and there were few rows of sunbeds and it was very clean. The upper beach is huge and very nice, there are palm trees and hammacks and lots of sunbeds, but you'd have to go down stairs to the lower beach to get in the ocean.

I hope you make the right choice ;-)

3. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:19