We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xelha or XCaret

Manitoba Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Xelha or XCaret

Going for the first (and maybe only) time in March. Have two boys 11 and 13. What is better Xel ha or Xcaret?

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Type "xel-ha + xcaret" in the forum search box and you'll get lots of other answers.

IMHO I'd do the Xel-Ha but pros/cons are on the links you'll get on the search.

WInnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Xelha or XCaret

My vote would be for Xel - Ha. There's lots to do, and it's a beautiful setting.

Regina SK
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xelha or XCaret

We have never been to Xcaret but we have been to Xel ha . This time the kids are going with us and we are going to take them back to Xel Ha for sure I know they we love it we did..... it was awesome!!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Xel-ha is one of our favorite places. I think your boys will love all the snorkeling and water sports. Also, the AI will save you money feeding the crew.

Manitoba Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Thanks all! First time on a forum believe it or not. Is it better to book excursions in advance, or wait til you're there? We're going March 10th.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Tequilafamily - if it helps you decide at all - XelHa is a naturally formed park, where XCaret is all man made. We went to XelHa when we were there and had a great time, beautiful fish, relaxing setting and lots to do. You - and your kids will have a great time there!!

When we went to PDC, we stayed at the Tequila - we booked with Sunquest so we had Sunquest reps actually come to the hotel to explain all the tours and you could book straight through them. Unless you're going to find your own transportation, just book something when you get there. I had a co-worker go to PDC 2 weeks before us and he was panicked and wanted to book something before they went and he regretted it. It was really disorganized, he was the one to tell me to just wait till we got there.

Where are you staying?? Have a great time!!

Ange

Manitoba Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Thanks for the tip Ange. We're staying at the Riu Tequila. Anyone else there March 10th?

Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xelha or XCaret

We did Xel Ha this past Tuesday and we loved it. If you like to snorkel or scuba then this is the place for you. This place is absolutely gorgeous. Dont pass it up!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xelha or XCaret

Hel-ha for the kids is a must, but sure to take the tube down the lazy river to the ocean, unbelievable. We have been to the Tequila for the past 3 years, absolutely love it.

Be sure to book the trip with the sunquest rep at the hotel, they will arrange the day for you with pickup at the resort. also be sure to book it all inclusive. You need to take ID with you though to leave as security when you "borrow" snorkle gear, tubes and lockers. No problems getting it all back, they have a really good system.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xelha or XCaret

been to both and you need to go to xel-ha, way better, i promise