We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Just booked a vaction for Feb 4th to Feb 11th (way too soon but everything else from Boston was sold out for this resort for Feb).

I had a few questions that I'd love to have answered if possible.

1)does anyone know the direct e-mail address for the Parisio Beach resort?

2)does the lobby have a bar that has entertainment at night like it does at the Iberostars in Puerta Plata and La Romana? Is there enough seating?

3)does anyone have any suggestions as to what building to request as far as overlooking the pool?

I would appreciate anyones comments. I've stayed at the ICD and the IHD in the Dominican and loved them. But I love Mexico and wanted a change.

4)My daughter wanted to know if they have any trips to the ruins from this resort r would you have to go to Playa Del Carmen?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Here is the contact information:

IB PARAISO del MAR - BEACH

Chetumal - Puerto Juarez, km.309

77710 - Playa Paraíso

Quintana Roo - Mexico

Tel: 52 984 8772800

Fax: 52 984 8772810

rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

rvaspo@iberostar.com.mx

There is a lobby bar and they usually have someone playing some instrument or singing or both.

Building 34 and 35 are centrally located and close to the pool. If you don't mind walking steps (no elevators) get a third floor room for a good view.

Make your ala carte dinner reservations as soon as you get there. The Japanese was our favorite. The breakfast buffet up by the lobby was MUCH better than the one at the pool.

Yes you can book trips to the ruins right at the resort.

Go to this site for GREAT information on this resort:

www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php…

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

ALSO....

there is a disco for activity after the evening shows. It is at the Commercial Center which houses some shops and a taco place, ice cream and crepe place, a hamburger place, and a tapas place. That is all included in your price.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

we loved the taco place- #7 is the best. go to hamburger place for beers than back to taco place to eat!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Do not miss that Commercial Center. I posted in my review last month that it is very underrated. The crepes and ice cream are not to miss, and the tacos were excellent also. Don't miss the shops, either...not bad.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Thanks so much Schmerl and all of you. It sounds great. Is there plenty of seating in the Lobby bar? At the IHD in La Romana we'd have to wait for a while to get a seat yet at the ICD in Puerta Plata ther was plenty of seating and a beautiful patio that was right next to it so you could sit out under the stars and yet still hear the music and see everything. I was curious what this Bar was like. I have looked at a lot of pictures on many different sites and never found one (just the front desk)

. Also does anyone know if they have local vendors on the beach that you can bargain with? I know in Acapulco (Fairmount Pierre Marquis resort) we could walk a little ways down the beach (in front of the Faimount Princess) and they had tents set up. I bought some really nice silver jewelry. The price was originally $60 yet you could almost bargain it down to $30. The t-stirts would be $10 or $15 yet they'd sell them for $6 each if you bought a few of them. It was fun. My friends and I had fun shopping there. Once I was looking for a certain look for a silver earring and wasn't finding it and this man asked me to discribe it and then proceeded to make me a pair of earrings ---just what I wanted. He was nice. They were all nice and really would leave you alone once you told them you weren't interested. I realize a lot of people get annoyed with the vendors but I figure they are just trying to make a living and I imagine the tourism is a big part of it.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

YOu can drink in the lobby of the Beach and the Del Mar. Both have very large lobbies. Even if you don't get a seat right at the bar, there are plenty of sofas and chairs, etc.

When we were there, they brought vendors in a couple nights. They were set up between the Del Mar and Beach and you could buy anything you wanted.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Thanks again Schmerl,

Another question. I have read that there is no Corona beer here. Is that true? Is there anywhere in the resort that has it? Maybe the Commercial area? In Alcapulco they had it everywhere.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

They have it in the Mexican restaurant. I actually prefer the Dos Equis.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

There are people selling silver, as well as cigars,blankets, etc.on the beach. They aren't pushy but if you stop them, they will lay out the jewelry on your chair to look at. I saw people buying, seemed to be mostly necklaces and bracelets.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Paraisio Beach:questions

Thanks!

I can't wait.