We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

I just booked an 8 day vacation here for Feb 4th to Feb 11th. I have been to the IHD in La Romana (2 yrs ago) and they never enforced the "not supposed to save the pool chair" rule. Even though there were signs posted not to do so there were rude people who would put their towels on the best chairs around the pool at 7:30am and then go off to their field trips and be gone sometime for hours so that no one else could sit in their chairs. I'm not talking just going to get breakfast (which would be exceptable to me). Then last year I stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada in Puerta Plata and it was a different story. The men would walk around the pool from 7:00am to 9:00am and anytime they saw a chair with a towel on it and no one sitting there they would pick up the towel (and purses, books etc) and remove them so that people really at the pool could sit down. I was wondering how that worked at this resort.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

When we were there we spent most of our time at the beach, so I don't know how much I can help. I know that on my way to the beach in the early morning hours, I did see towels on charis around the pool. There are a LOT of chairs since the pool is so huge. Unless you need a chair in the shade, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

This is an interesting, opinion-provoking topic. I am on-the-fence about this one, having been guilty of chair-reserving many times. On one hand, a rule is a rule and it really isn't fair to see all those reserved chairs while people go off and do other things and come back to their prime-spot reserved chairs at lunchtime or after.

However, if you follow the rules and DON'T reserve chairs, you are relegated to an unpopular spot by the pool/beach, having paid just as much for your vacation as those chair-reservers and entitled to an acceptable spot to lounge. So, although I do feel guilty while I do this, I feel it's the only way to "compete" to get what I am rightfully entitled to on vacation.

Just my thoughts...

Texas
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

schmerl saw what I saw: rules saying don't do it, but then again I saw alot of towels. I have seen this all over Mexico and the Caribbean. I think they try and enforce the rules, but there are so many chairs it really isn't a problem. I was at the beach most of the time, but on my trips to the pool I never had a problem getting a good spot.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

Thanks!

Sounds like they have plenty on chairs here so it shouldn't be a problem.

Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

yeah, I was just there in november and although there are alot of people that reserve chairs, we never had a problem finding a spot. The pool is HUGE and there is plenty of space.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

We got back last week and i saw chair hogging as a problem. i am ok with saving before breakfast but some saved ALL day and never saw anyone use them. There are lots of chairs but if you want sun and want to be right by the pool -good luck getting a chair!!!

7. Re: Iberostar Parasio Beach:saving pool chairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 10:33