We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help?!!

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help?!!

Hi,

We are finding it really difficult to decide where to go for our Honeymoon! The shortlist seems to be the following:-

Grand Cayman - maybe ritz-carlton resort

Mexico - Playa del Carmen

Turks and Caicos - Providenciales (royal west indies resort)

Bahamas - Atlantis

1 week Turks and Caicos followed by 1 week atlantis bahamas

So just a few choices!!! :-) I know they are all really different, each with pros and cons and really cannot decide where to go for our Honeymoon in January next year. We want to make the right decision as we will be travelling from the UK which makes these hols quite expensive with rather long flights! (and I am quite a nervous flyer!)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :-)

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

Anyone???

Think we've narrowed it down to Grand Cayman and Turks and Caicos - providenciales.

Which would you choose and why? Who's been to these areas before and what did you think?

Thanks! :-)

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

We were very keen on coming to Playa Del Carmen, staying at Royal Porto Real but I'Ve heard that the area is not ideal for Honeymoon and that weather could be bad in Jan. Is this true???

Iowa
Level Contributor
949 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

I haven't heard that at all about the Royal Playa Del Carmen (formerly the Royal Porto Real). I've heard it's a great resort for honeymooners. We'll actually be going there for our anniversary in Oct. For our honeymoon we went to Royal Hideaway in PDC and that was a FABULOUS resort for honeymooners!

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
628 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

The Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen is supposed to be the top notch 5 star resort for honeymooners!! Never been there, but that's just what I hear.

Turks & Caicos is supposed to have some of the best beaches around!! I had some friends honeymoon there....they loved it!!

You have some tough choices...however...the service you'll get in Mexico will be a step above all the others...in my own opinion.

You have to look at like this. You'll be in paradise no matter what location you choose. You'll have great weather and a great beach to relax on with a cold drink in your hand. Better than the UK in January!!

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the actual Royal Playa del Carmen - I meant I've heard that the area of Playa del Carmen isn't the best for a Honeymoon????? The Hotel looks amazing for a Honeymoon!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
949 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

as I said before, we were in Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect, so much so, that we are returning for our anniversary. Lots of people do choose it for their honeymoons. I have definitely heard that Cancun (about an hour noth of Playa Del Carmen and the airport you'd fly into if you stay at either place) isn't the best place for honeymooners.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

Turks & Caicos is the hip place to go these days. Grand Cayman is more for divers...not too exciting if you ask me. I love the Riviera Maya, but sounds like you already ruled it out.

italy
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

please I need information about sandflys in turks and caicos

italy
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Help?!!

please I need information about sandflys in turks and caicos

italy
5 posts