We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Out of PDC

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Out of PDC

Looking for bait and lour fishing tours out of PDC. I'm not as interested in fly fishing. I would like to target snapper, grouper and bonefish. Thanks for your assistance.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

Bump. This is for my husband and friend. From what we have seen, a lot of the charters leave from Cancun. Any from Playa del Carmen that you would recommend? Thanks!

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

Annyka,

There are several charter companies out of the marina at Puerto Aventuras, about 10 min. from Playa. We went out with Glen who runs Tequila Sunrise charters and had a great time, Capt.Ricks also seemed popular.They both have on-line info, just google "Puerto Aventuras fishing"

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

parkpig: thanks so much! Any other thoughts?

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

Annyka,

Puerto Aventuras is a cool little place. Lots of neat shops and open air bars and eating places along the marina. We took our Mahi-Mahi to Jones's bar at the marina and they cooked up, it was awesome! You'll have a great time!! Just make sure to tell the charter company what you want to fish for in advance so they can prepare the proper gear.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

Pesca Maya does do spin cast fishing south of playa as well. They will pickup at your hotel and drop of at night. Their web site is www.pescamaya.com You can e-mail with any questions and checkout what their rates are. Have fun, book soon for summer fishing!!!

Albany, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

fishlover

have you ever gone to Pesca Maya? We are thinking about in for the 12th of Feb. 2 guys in our group want to fish...I'm going for the ride and just to hang around the ocean and lodge....any thoughts?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

I am booked to go in March for two guys. The total price for the fishing and pickup at our hotel was 450 US for one day guided fishing. We have e-mailed and phoned them a couple of times and fell very good about our decision. They gave us alot of great advice and what we need to bring with us.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

I forgot!! You need to book very soon as this is high season for them and you may not have choice on days.

9. Re: Fishing Out of PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 13:17