We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
Cabanas

Hello to all! I am currently planning my honeymoon for Oct. We love the idea of a cabana on the beach. Right now I am torn between Nueva Vida de Ramiro and Cabanas la Conchita. Has anyone been to either of these and prefer one over the other? Or do you recommend somewhere better? Like the idea of rustic traditional decor, oceanfront, breakfast, and possibly a bar. Thanks!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabanas

We just stayed at Cabanas La Conchita and loved it.

We also stayed at Hemingway and loved the beachfront cabanas.

Our next door neighbors in our building (also a couple in their 30's) stayed at Ramiro last year and loved it.

I wrote reviews of Conchita and Hemingway yesterday so they should be posted soon.

La Conchita probably has best service and definately best breakfast in town (included and for guests only), but is on a small pocket beach.

Ramiro and Hemingway are both on the long awsome beach great for walks, but I'd say Ramiro is on a better, less rocky, less seaweed section. Hemingway's beach cabanas are large and attractive inside. We thought Ramiro's looked good from the outside and think we might try them sometime. We are definately renting a car next time, so the fact that Ramiro is farther down the road would not matter. We never rent a car in Mexico, so we did not rent one in Tulum and wish we had. We definately recommend a car in Tulum because even from Conchita and Hemingway, those cabs really add up. And we like going into town for dinner because it's better and cheaper and more authentic food (I will post dining tips on the forum).

We also recommend taking a collapsible cooler for beers etc. to enjoy on the beach as none of these places have beach drink service. A car is handy because you will also end up going into town in the morning for ice anyway. Your ice is always melted by morning in Tulum and there is no ice in the beach stores (no power=no ice). Your hotel will be reluctant to spare you some because they have to have it delivered daily and need it for their service.

You will have an awesome honeymoon in Tulum- the beach there is the perfect place for one! There are nice things to see off the beach such as snorkeling at Yal Ku, ruins and cenotes. Don't try to do too much, though, because you will find that the best part of Tulum is relaxing together on the beach with some drinks.

Congratulations and much happiness!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabanas

Me again.

Sorry, I forgot one crucial thing.

Rent you car from the US. Don't wait til you get to Mexico because it will be much more expensive.

Another couple at Hemingway had a car for 10 days which they had reserved through Dollar and it was something like 300 or 350 including additional insurance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabanas

Nueva Vida is also a bit farther down the beach, a bit more remote. Will you be renting a car?

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabanas

Thanks so much for all your help! From what I have heard, I will be renting a car.

5. Re: Cabanas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 14:19