We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at the Tulum ruins

Michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Food at the Tulum ruins

Hi,

We're staying in Playa del Carmen and plan to spend a day at the ruins and beach at Tulum. We'll have 2 kids with us and want to make sure we can get food/drinks when we're there. Is there a place to get food at the ruins? If so, what kind? Thanks!!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

I haven't been to Tulum ruins in years, but I remember there being a Subway (of all things!) near the ruins.

If you want to visit a beach hotel/restaurant in Tulum, I love La Zebra - great food, great beach. You will need to get back onto Hwy 307 and head south a smidge. Turn left onto the Coba Rd which will deadend. Turn right onto the Boca Paila Rd (Tulum beach rd). LaZ is a few miles south. You will see signs and park on the jungle side of the road. Walk into the property and the restaurant will be on your left.

My kids loved their chicken tacos, chicken nachos. They made a plain grilled chicken breast for my 4 yr old. I loved their fish tacos. Plus they have salads, empanadas and more.

Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

Last year I visited the Tulum ruins. I do not recall seeing food available.

Near Springfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

We were there in April and there were were a few places to eat - small, bar type places to get a drink and a taco. We didn't eat there since we were only there for the morning and our tour bus had water and pop for sale.

Metro...
Level Contributor
805 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

There is a shopping mall near the parking lot for the ruins. If you are on a bus tour you have run the gauntlet of vendors before you get to the shuttle to the entrance. In the shopping are there are a number of small cafes serving food and drinks. There also are numberous shops selling crafts. Plus there is a small grocery store with soda and drinks. When we were there earlier this year, there was a Subway as well as a pizza place. The entrance to the ruins are about 400 meters from the parking lot. In the building where you buy tickets, you can also get soda and water.

Enjoy

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

Last year at the ruins the stores were at little more expensive then the other local stores.

Oh, and last year we had to pay if we wanted to use the bathrooms. Wasn't much, but still...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

There is a hotel "El Crucero" right before the entrance to to the parking lot of the Tulum ruins. It is outside, under a palapa. We had great meals when we stayed there last year. Good coffee.

There are places along the beach, if you decide to do the beach thing, (which I wouldn't miss).

There were a few places to eat at the mall-ish area near where you catch the tram. I heard they were not good.

You don't mention if you are driving. If so, there is a big supermarket nearby (on the highway) that would cover all of your needs. Cool bakery, deli, drinks, ice etc.. Tulum pueblo has many fantastic, inexpensive places and is fun to check out.

Always make sure you have water with you.

Enjoy your trip!!

7. Re: Food at the Tulum ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 21:16