We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum in December

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Speedway, Indiana
2 posts
Save Topic
Tulum in December

We are heading to Tulum for first week in December, staying at Ana y Jose. Will walking up and down the beach get you to many of the restaurants along the beach? Also, I have heard of some construction

happening at Ana Y Jose....will that be an issue or are they just finishing up? Thanks for your responses.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum in December

You'll find a few places w/in walking distance. Try to print off a map from sac-be.com so you'll have an idea of what is near.

Construction in Tulum is done by hand - chance are, all you'll see are men with wheelbarrows and concrete. I've never found construction to be a problem since it doesn't invlove heavy machinery.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum in December

We'll return at the end of Nov. and are staying very close to there. I'll let you know.

socal
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum in December

The only restaurant that comes to mind closest to where you'll be staying at along the beach is LaZebra.....another one is Las Ranitas...Of course I highly recommend LaZebra

tulum
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum in December

You have cas violeta that has a restaurant, and los lirios that is just two hotels away from ana y jose

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum in December

I loved Las Ranitas, getting very hungry just reading the name. The skewers were delicious..Bruschetta that was the best I had eaten anywhere for a long time. The owner (I think) was there and she showed us the flowers that literally spring to life in front of you. I just reccommend some bug spray.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum in December

Lots of places are within walking distance from AyJ. Don't forget that AyJ has one of the best restaurants on the beach. They have great fish and seafood dishes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulum in December

BTW, the first week in December is great in Tulum. Very quiet, just before the high season starts around the holidays.

8. Re: Tulum in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 17:18