We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

I was thinking we might skip some of the bar mark-ups by picking up some things to drink at a store. Does anybody know if there's a way to keep drinks cold in a cabana (probably Nueva Vida de Ramiro)? Or would we need to stick with red wine and warm tequila?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

You can bring a collaspible cooler and get see if you can buy ice from NV's restaurant - Casa Banana or get ice in town.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Before you buy, check to see if your hotel allows coolers in the room. Some do not. Since it's a jungle environment, it's best not to keep food in the room.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Thanks. Both great ideas.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Check out Bubba-Kegs. When i woke up in the morn, there was still ice in mine from the night before!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

If you forget to bring a cooler, you can buy a cheap foam one at the San Francisco. It'll hold ice for a day or two and will stay cold on that second day. Mine did leak a little bit, but I had a concrete floor and put it near the sliding door so the water ran out.

I don't recommend keeping food, but ice and drinks should not be a problem, critter-wise.

6. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 14:16