We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

Has anyone taken a bus or colectio to tuluam and xel-ha. I am looking into doing this and wondered if anyone knew the price and how easy it was. The tours seem to be very pricey.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

We caught a ADO bus from Playa to Tulum, and it stopped in the parking lot of Xel-Ha.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

Do you remember how much is was and how long it took you to get there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

I think the bus was about 6 US. I'm not sure if all of the busses stop there, so be sure to ask. I believe they post it in the bus station. The busses from Playa to Tulum run frequently, probably every hour.

Taking a bus to Tulum and getting to the beach/ruins is easy. Take the bus to Tulum pueblo, get off, eat a grilled chicken lunch (very good and cheap), grab a cab and your off. They have the fares to various locations posted on a sign at the taxi stand, near the bus station. I believe it is 6 dollars to anywhere on the beach road. Maybe cheaper to the ruins parking lot.

You do not need to do the tours. Most of the places you would want to go to in the area are off of 307 highway, where the busses and the collectivos run up and down. Sometimes you have to hike a little.

4. Re: Bus or colective to tulum and xel-ha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 09:16