We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Philly burbs
1 post
Save Topic
Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Other than enjoying the beach, best things to do with limited time...ruins? shopping where? suggestions?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,956 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Ruins of Tulum are very close and easy to see. For something more spectacular, see Coba Ruins (about an hour away) where you can still climb the pyramid.

IMO, Shopping is not very interesting in Tulum.

Montreal
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Hanging out at the pool is fun! The entertainment staff provides good activites and Benito will bring you your drinks at the pool! And the Spa concierge, Jennifer, can arrange a fabulous couples massage. Have a wonderful time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

I woudn't want to miss 2 things. One is a day in Tulum, starting early at the ruins, followed by a few hours and drinks along the beach. Then finish it off by visiting the pueblo. There is some good shopping there and great restaurants. I enjoy the feel of Tulum overall.

I also wouldn't miss a day in Akumal. Start off early, snorkeling with the turtles in Akumal Bay! Once the day trippers over run the place, you can work your way down to Half Moon Bay and after that snorkel at YalKu lagoon. You can rent a golf cart in Akumal to do all of this. These places are within walking distance of eachother, but it can be somewhat of a long, hot hike. Great places to eat and drink in Akumal. You can return and snorkel again in Akumal Bay once the DT's leave!

Because you are on limited time, I don't reccomend a day trip to Playa Del Carmen or Cancun. I'd maybe hit Playa at night to shop and party.

Don't forge to relax!

San Jose
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

I agree, Tulum ruins/beach are worth seeing, and Coba looks interesting. Another close part-day trip that looks good is Aktun Chen. The pic's look good, and having been diving in many Cenotes, I'm sure the caves are worth seeing. We'll be there in May.

Have fun!

Montreal
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

And I loved loved loved snorkeling in Xel-Ha! Clear water in the lagoon and huge aquamarine life!

Seattle
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Take a short drive on 307 and visit Hidden Worlds Ceote Park. You can snorkel in the Cenotes with a guide and not be overrun with tour buses. we had a great time there, My two boys and I dove in the Cenote and my wife went snorleking. It is something not to be missed.

Montreal
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

Coba is not a bad idea if you want to see some ruins. They are different from the Tulum Ruins for sure. They are in the jungle. Lots of iguanas and butterflies and history, no beach though. It is not far from Dreams and you only need half a day. It's very hot though, so bring plenty of water and on your way back, stop in Tulum to refresh. It's a wonderful experience...

8. Re: Young 50s couple..only 3 days at Dreams Tulum...ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 20:18