We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parayso vs. ana y joses

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
parayso vs. ana y joses

Looking for a little more upscale hotel on Tulum Beach with a/c( which I know limits me)..I have stayed at Los Lirios 3 x but am wondering how Parayso stands up against Ana y Joses or Los Lirios..I know the beach is beautiful just looking for input on the resorts themselves...Thanx

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

AyJ is more polished and refined. Parayso is a step (or two) from Los Lirios, imo.

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

Just returned from Tulum. We stayed 8 nights at the Parayso. I wouldn't call the Parayso "upscale". Pepper is certainly right that it lacks the polish and sophistication (and pretentions?) of Ana y Jose. It's still relatively new, however, and in talking to the owners it seems they're really working to make improvements.

What Parayso does have (in addition to a great location on the beach):

Every room is beachfront -- you look out from your patio or deck and the Mediterranean is right there.

It has a nice pool and jacuzzi which are kept very clean.

A/C for times when you don't want your patio door open. They don't have 24 hour electricity, however. They seem to have settled on 6PM to 10AM for when the power is on.

A cool little beach bar/restaurant that serves drinks, lunch and dinner. They'll bring your food and drinks out to your lounge chair for you. I thought the food was pretty good, especially the ceviches.

The rooms are not fancy and they don't have the Tulum cabana feel but they are clean and comfortable. The pictures on their website are pretty accurate. There was always hot water and good water pressure.

We certainly enjoyed our stay there. The next time we go to Tulum we'll probably stay somewhere else, not because we didn't like Parayso, but just for a different experience.

Hope this helps.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

If you had a view of the Mediteranean from your hotel room in Tulum that must have been quite a view!

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

Whoops!

Thinking of my next vacation already!

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

Pepper, a step or 2 below or above Los Lirios???

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

oops...sorry, miker.

A step or two down/below Los Lirios. Did you see my review?

7. Re: parayso vs. ana y joses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:18