We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

LOS ANGELES
11 posts
Save Topic
Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

We are so excited about a possible trip to Tulum! We're most interested in staying at the Mezzanine for our honeymoon the week of June 23rd. One question -- what is the heat factor like at the end of June. Will it be ok? I assume it will be HOT, but are we crazy to think about going to a place where none of the hotels have AC? Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

GuppyLA

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

It will be very hot, check weather dot com for average temps, but it is definitely doable without AC. Make sure to get a beachfront room so you can catch the sea breeze. Keep in mind that whenever you get away from the beach (trip to Coba, etc.) it will be much hotter.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!

LOS ANGELES
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

You're both right -- it will be very hot. I checked weather.com and June/July are the hottest months. We are still interested in going. We're thinking of going to Tulum for 3 nights and then Isla Mujeres or Cancun for a couple of nights...

Thank you for your posts!

GuppyLA

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

Also keep in mind that it's really humid, not dry like in LA, so it will be a totally different kind of heat.

I wouldn't worry about it. Heat on the beach is not like heat in a city, where you have to wear decent clothes and go to work.

Whitewater, WI
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

We go to the Riviera Maya almost every year, usually in June or July.

This past year it was hot but not as hot as some past years. I suggest bringing twice as much sun screen as you think you will need. Also, try to stay in the shade when you are just hanging out. I learned (the hard way!) that alcoholic beverages do not count as hydration. Make sure you drink water! The heat, sun and alcohol can be a nasty combo if you not careful.

We went for our honeymoon in December and did not enjoy it nearly as much as the summer months. We didn't think it was hot enough! The pools were very cold and the sun wasn't at peak until mid-day. The

nice thing about the summer is that by 8:00 you can be on the beach and have the wonderful warm sun.

We are going to Dreams Tulum the first week in June and can't wait.

6. Re: Tulum at the end of June! How HOT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 14:24