We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Hi

I am visiting the Bahia Principe Tulum on October 9th. Our travel agent has told us to "hang on in there" but having seen some of the photos on this site we are concerned that it will not be fully operational. Has anyone got any news on progress? I understand its mainly the buffet restaurant roof that is non existent!!! Updates greatly appreciated.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Hey Boris, I recently heard from my friend at the Bahia and she said that things are pretty much back to normal. The leaves on the trees are starting to grow (it doesn't take long in that heat) and that there are repairs being done to the roofs as we speak. Pretty soon the name "Emily" will be just a distant memory. She said they are pretty much operational now and it is getting very busy again. The Oasis down the road from the Bahia is still closed for renovations. They were not as lucky as the Bahia as far as damages go. Also the Copacabana is coming along nicely as far as repairs go. They too were hit very hard.

Just thought I would let you all know.

You are going to absolutely fall in love with the Bahia.

Also I would e-mail the resort and request Villa 12, 14, 15, 16 or 17, third floor, awesome view. Perfect locations on the Tulum side. We have stayed on the Tulum side twice now and have stayed in Villa 15 (Room 1524) and Villa 17 (1725), amazing rooms. Make sure when you are requesting, you are requesting the Villa number and room number. Room numbers ending in 23, 24, 25 and 26 (third floor) are wonderful rooms.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Thank you very much its very kind of you to put my mind at rest!!! I will email the hotel as you suggest regarding the room. Cheers! :0)

canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Hi,

We just returned from the Akumal side..it's hard to beleive that a hurricane went through just a month ago. The resort was very, very busy. From what we could tell, all was up and running. We heard no mention of the hurricane, and never brought the subject up as we were there for a great holiday.

While we were there, the workers were very busy building new palapas, which was appreciated because it is HOT!

Winnipeg, Mb
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any news on the hurricane repairs?

Hey DDF,

Just wondering if you knew if the Oasis Akumal/Tulum is still closed for renovations ( I heard it was supposed to open the 15th) we too are heading down there soon. Any information would be greatly appreciated, since the travel agent doesn't seem to have any!

Thanks!