We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

I was reading some reviews of EDR and noticed a couple people mention beached whales and that they were good for breaking the waves. I feel a little out of touch here, but those aren't dead whales washed up are they????? I'm sure you will all get a good laugh at my stupidity on this one....

Also, speaking of seafood, are you limited to eating at the ala carte restaurants once a week or what not? Are they

unlimited?

Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

Develetee32,

The beached whales are actually big huge, MAN MADE, surf breakers. I believe they are made out of sand. They do this so you can go into the water without getting drifted away out into the ocean.

As for the food, everything is all inclusive. You eat as much as you want. The amount is endless. So eat away!

Brandie Orme

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,031 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

You can see what's going on from this aerial shot.

www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/167a-t.html

Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

Pepper,

That was a pretty cool web site. It really puts everything into prespective. I totally understand the "beached whales".

Thanks!

Brandie

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,031 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beached whales at Eldorado Royal?

I thought the water was fairly calm in that location. I wonder why they built it up like that.

It's kinda ugly.