We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesiak

Paris, France
6 posts
Save Topic
Cesiak

Hi!

I'm planning a few days at Cesiak in April I wanted to know if is possible to walk along the beach toward other Tulum hotels and cabanas. The idea would be for a good morning breakfast walk. I can't tell exactly from the maps and todotulum but I'd guess it's 2k. Does enyone know if this is doable and pleasant?

Any commentary on Cesiak would be welcome as well. Is the food in the restaurant good? What did you do with valuables? Can you put a laptop in their safe?

thx!

Carrie

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cesiak

Yes, you can walk to the north towards Tulum hotels, but I think it's further than that. I've been to CESiaK several times to visit the overlook and beach and restaurant. I think it's probably at least a couple miles from the entrance to Sian Ka'an. I could be wrong. You could research that or ask them. I've seen complaints about the restaurant, but the food seemed OK to me.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1200819-d64860…

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cesiak

I also think it's at least 2-3 miles from the gate to Cesiak...the map isn't quite to scale. And once you get into the hotel zone, you'd have to walk to Dos Ceibas or Ocho for breakfast...so maybe the entire walk could be close 3-4 miles each way.

Sorry, though, haven't eaten or stayed at Cesiak. Why do you need a laptop?...seems like a hassle w/o electricity and all the sand, etc.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cesiak

We had lunch at Cesiak after a tour of the preserve - it was basic but ample and good. I would think they could make a good breakfast too.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cesiak

I've heard good things about CESiak food lately.

I agree with Pepper to leave your ball and chain at home (laptop, I mean, not spouse!), but if I were bringing mine, I'd buy a PacSafe bag and lock it to something solid like the beam of a building.

I just bought the smaller version for my passport and cash and such and I think it will ease my mind a bit.

Paris, France
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cesiak

PacSafe.... Good idea. I'd rather not bring the laptop either definitely not good for the vacation vibe. but, that's my husband's ball and chain.

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll definitely report back we are going in april.

Carrie

6. Re: Cesiak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 20:19