We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale

Hello all!

I am new to this site and man, has it been a huge help.

We are staying June of 06 at EDR for our honeymoon.

What is the dress code like? Does the entertainment staff offer bus service to some of the danceclubs/bars in Cancun? I know some hotels do.

Also, do people like to party at this resort or is it more reserved?

Thanks! Any bit of info will definitely help us.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale

Here is their website. It answered a LOT of my general questions about dress code for dinner, etc. I go in 2 weeks and can't wait to hear the other answers to the questions that you asked!

http://www.karismahotels.com/doradoroyal/

Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale

Soxchic1,

The dress code for dinner is slacks for the men and similar for the woman. I am not sure about the bus service into Cancun. This is not a party resort. The main pool gets a little loud during the day but that is about it. It is a very romantic atmosphere. Lots of honeymooners and couples celebrating their anniversaries are staying here.

Hope this helps!

Brandie Orme

CT
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale

Soxchic1 & HoustonLady,

The dress code at EDR is dressy casual for most of the restaurants. Here's what I would've liked to know before my recent trip at EDR. For restaurants such as D'Italia, Cocotal and LaCarreta, which are indoors and air-conditioned, for a woman wear a skirt or slacks and a nice top and for a man wear khakis and polo or button down shirt. I used two black skirts and one floral skirt for the times we ate there. For open air restaurants such as JoJo's, La Isla and Kampai you can go more casual, either wear skirts or dress up some jeans. I'm glad I brought my favorite pair of dark jeans as I felt more comfortable wearing them with a nice dressier top. To be honest, I wouldn't wear shorts for dinner. I saw a few people dressed like they just came from an excursion in shorts, t-shirt and tenis shoes inside the restaurants. I don't think it's appropriate. Plus, I feel that after a long day at the beach/pool is kind of nice to dress up a bit. Don't feel you have to take endless amounts of skirts and/or dresses. Just bring some items that you can dress up or dress down accordingly, depending of where the night takes you and the weather.

As for the transportation to nightclubs in Cancun, we were not as lucky. My husband talked to some of the entertainment crew and they said they're working on a proposal to take hotel guests by bus to the nightclubs in Cancun one-way and guests pay for the travel back. Unless this is established before your trip, your best bet is to take a taxi, which is readily available by calling the bell boys. It's a 45 minuted cab ride and I was told it would cost about $35 each way.

People at the resort are more reserved than party people. At night there's always something going on at the Guacamayas bar. They have live music and DJ until 2am. At 10pm they have their nightly entertainment show which last for an hour. In our case we felt this was just enough entertainment for us and we were back at our room before midnight.

I hope this info helps!! Let me know if you have further questions.