We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum June 8-11

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
170 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum June 8-11

I took the plunge and bought the plane tickets and now for the real planning! I am thinking of Posada 06 or Teetotum. Any suggestions...I know everyone is partial to the beach but I live a mile from one. We will ride a bike to the beach and I understand it is hot, but we live in Florida we are used to it.

My must do list: the ruins, Coba and Gran Cenote.

Also the Tulum ruins at night. We will only have 2 full days. We are traveling by bus and have to get to the Belize Zoo by the 12th.

Any tips would be wonderful. Also any thoughts on the hotels...we could save $ by staying Posada 06, but Teetotum has free bikes. Would the savings be enough or is it fairly cheap to rent a bike for a day???

Thanks!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum June 8-11

Hotel Latino has free bikes and also Villa Matisse, I think. I'm pretty sure they both have lower rates than the hotels you mentioned. I haven't stayed in any of the town hotels yet, so can't tell you how they actually compare. I was just doing the whole checking into rates thing because, like you, we are staying in town this time (@ Residencia Mariposa).

My guide book says bike rental is about $15 per day. There's a shop in town- don't know name.

As far as excursions, we have signed up for a tour (through Cesiak)of the Sian Ka'an nature preserve. It's highly recommended if you have a whole day to commit. Combination of nature hike, boat ride through lagoons to see birds, snorkeling, a cenote and lunch.

2. Re: Tulum June 8-11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 03:18