We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Hi everyone,

I need your help!

Im planning my honeymoon and am seriously considering Mezzanine in Tulum for a 10 day break in september 2009 in their suite rooms.

I have a few questions and would really appriciate any info on these:

1) Weather in september. How bad is the rain? Should i be worried about hurricanes? Is it very overcast in september?

2) Is vegitarian food hard to come by in the area?

3) Any places i should visit around the area for local sights/attractions or any other honeymoon highlights?

4) Is there are other hotels i should consider in the area before booking?

Thank you all for your help in advance!

PD

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

1. Weather is only bad if a hurricane is coming. Otherwise, plan on typical tropical weather where it rains for 30-60 minutes/day.

2. Veg food is easy to find. There's tofu at Mezzanine. Lots of excellent Italian food in the area.

3. Visit the uniqueness of the area: ruins, cenotes, nature preserve.

4. Mezzanine is a great choice as long as you are aware of the Fri night party.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

I would also have a fallback because the Mexican government has twice tried to close them down in the past 2 years.

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Thank you for your replies.

Ive been reading the forums extensively, and have also come accross the threads regarding closure.

As much as i like the area, i think im now not going to choose tulum for my honeymoon and instead book somewhere more failsafe, although i definately plan to go another time when there is less pressure for everything to be perfect!

thanks again for all your help.

PD

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

I wouldn't write off Tulum as a location for your wedding yet. There are no problems with the hotels on the beach road to the South. I agree that having threats of closure or even those signs up could be stressful at a time when you want everything to go smoothly.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

The government has no qualm with the hotels south of the 'T' as far as I know, so don't take Mezzanine's troubles as indicative of instability in Tulum in general.

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Thank you all for your replies.

Can you please suggest some hotels i should consider then on the beach road to the south?

Important considerations are a great beach. Also we are more than capable of roughing it but as its our honeymoon i would prefer rooms with a bit of luxury if possible.

A balcony with great views is also desirable.

Thanks

Parag

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

La Luna

Nueva Vida

Ocho

Shambala Petit

Suenos

La Zebra

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Pepper took mine, but if you want to splurge $-wise, there's also Ana y Jose and Milamores Tulum.

La Via Laktea has lovely balconies and a fabulous beach and nice rooms.

Also Tierras del Sol (sorry I can't see Pepper's list anymore so I'm going on my own brain); they have a couple of rooms with lovely balconies as well.

And Hamaca Loca's Tortuga unit. The ultimate in economical rustic cabana living, great deck right on the beach and a low price.

(The best deck on the beach, IMO, is the Capt. Dale house at Cabanas La Luna, but it ain't cheap).

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Thank you for all the advice guys, you have been great and a wealth of information.

If i were to do a 2 centre trip, do you think ana y jose and milamore would be good choices?

Which rooms would you recommend? I was thinking room 1 in milamore b ut havent a clue for ana y jose!

Are there any places on the beach that offer a private outdoor jacuzzi??

Thanks

PD

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mezzanine Honeymoon!!!

Room 1 at Milamores is fantastic.

At AyJ, the 4 suites behind the spa are best - with Deseo being the best one.