We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Beach in Tulum or Mayan Riviera?

los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Beach in Tulum or Mayan Riviera?

Hi, this will be my second trip to the Yucatan, and this time, I am going with my boyfriend, as opposed to my family.

I would love to be able to find some quiet beach, I'm thinking the day we go to the ruins in Tulum.

I remember the area seeemd to have lots of expensive homes & small winding streets.

Anybody know of how to access some nice beaches? They don't hav eto be "deserted" or anything, just a little off the beaten path.

Perhaps other areas are netter for this? Akumal? Puerto Morelos? I don't know! Any suggestions woudl be appreciated!

AZ
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Beach in Tulum or Mayan Riviera?

My favorite section is at the end of the hotel zone, right around where it turns to Si'an Kaan. Around Hamaca Loca, Tierra del Sol, and Milamores. It is quiet but with some small businesses and right next to the preserve which is even quieter.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Beach in Tulum or Mayan Riviera?

Drive into the biosphere. There are some beautiful beaches along the road to Punta Allen. If you don't have a car, take a taxi to the farthest point south along the Tulum beach road, before the entrance to the biosphere, and walk north on the beach. There will be places you can stop and get refreshments and relax. When you are done, go back to the beach road and grab a taxi. It's a very nice area for a beach stroll.

3. Re: Hidden Beach in Tulum or Mayan Riviera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 06:19