We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Seaside Suites

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Dorado Seaside Suites

I am heading down to the EDSS in January and would like to know about the Junior Garden view suites and the resort as it is now after hurricane rita - Also if you have any pictures of the suite that would be great too. The brochure looks nice - yet the tripadvisor reviews are worrying me.

Thanks!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

It's a beautiful, quiet, and very romantic resort. Leaving in 2 wk and will be our 6th time...Don't worry be happy (have traveled the area for 22 yrs & EDSS is THE BEST)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

Sherryflo,

Thank you for the information, do you happen to know about the windsurfing potential there and the look of the gardenview suite?

Thanks again

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

Chill'nchick

I was also worried about the reviews but had a wonderful time at EDSS!

The gardenview rooms are gorgeous! ALL of the rooms are gorgeous. Of course many are different, so you don't know which you will get until you arrive.

I hear the resort is just fine after the hurricane! We are heading there in Feb to get married. That is how much we like the EDSS.

It is defintley romantic, secluded and beautiful. Remember you are in Mexico, so there's no rush on anything. Take it slow,enjoy, relax! I'd be happy to help if you have more q's!

kayakchik

kayakchik@yahoo

Cheers!

SLC, UT
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

Don't let the reviews get you down. I was worried too. We went to EDSS from Sept 23-28 (just got back). It was very nice. All employees work very hard to keep their property nice. Rita did not hit the resort. They said that they got some of the outer bands of rain but nothing more. They did however get very damaged by hurricane Emily last year and that is why they are doing construction to expand. I'm not too sure about the Garden View rooms but everyone that we visited with at the lounge, absolutely loved their rooms and commented that they were very elegant and clean. The food at the restaurants was very good. The entertainment was fun, and the staff was very nice and accomodating. I felt like royalty. We went deep-sea fishing one day and I came back to the hotel very seasick. They helped me into a golf cart and drove us back to our room and asked if there was anything they could have room service bring me. When we arrived we were checked in and wisked away to our room before I could even finish my glass of champagne. I definately give the place two thumbs up. They were great!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

Lady bug

Thanks so much for your information. Glad to hear that the resort is not a complete nightmare as to what I have been reading the more recent posts are making me feel more comfortable!

Montana
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

Ladybug:

Thanks for your informative and positive comments on the EDSS. We're also going in January and had concerns. I got sea sick the last time I went deep sea fishing also, there is nothing WORSE! I was ready to either jump off the boat and drown or have them call the cost guards to come get me. I feel your pain! Hopefully it went away quickly, mine seemed to get better after getting on dry land!

Thanks again for the info!

Chill'nchick: When are you going in January? We'll be there the 24-31st. You know, you're practically our next door neighbors from Montana. We were just in BC in March and stayed at the Fairmont Hot Springs.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

ladybug, what was the swim up bar like? In past posts people always said it was all closed windows with only one sliding door, kind of like going through a driveup window. But a more recent picture after Hurricane Emily, it looks like it might be more open. Did they remove some of the glass windows?

What room did you have, (floor, and type of room). We leave in 8 weeks and cant wait.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

chill'nchick : The resort is fine, just got back last week. I don't see why you wouln't be happy with any of the rooms. The place is beautiful. I just sent in a review this morning. I think it takes a couple of days to post. I posted some pics too! I think you'll agree that it's a slice of paradise. - Have a great time.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

To all that have responded, THANK YOU!!!

We are heading there on the 9th of January so probably won't hook up with ya Gringo! Too bad would be nice to put a face to the chat!

Looking forward to reading the new review and seeing more recent pics. Any idea's if there is windsurfing around the resort? Also, if there is anyone with any superb day trips that we should take in it would be great to hear about them and where to book if required before travel.

Do the little bus/vans (can't recall what they call them) take you to Playa for the afternoon any day or just certain days of the week? Also looking for snorkleing trip that would be good.

thanks so much

Toronto
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites

I'm leaving on Sunday to the EDSS. For those that have been lately, do they still have the same problem of not having the room category you booked available when you arrived? Seems like a lot of the negative reviews where about check in and having to wait hours only to not get what you paid for. This may be one of the reasons for the negative reviews....1st impressions.