We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

Toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

Be happy to answer any ?s

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

Hello there - there has been someone that wasn't happy at all with pretty much everything that they experienced there. I have booked a Garden view suite for January and I am wondering if the service, room, food...is good or what?

Any information that you have would be appreciated Also any pics

Toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

We stayed in an ocean front Jacuzzi suite…Major problems. The room looked beautiful, but they should not have put anyone in it as it was not finished. No phone all week (not hooked up yet) DVD/CD player not working (no where to plug it in) Light on balcony not hooked up (bare wires) no balcony table... I could go on. Construction going on all around us, loud music, hammering/power saws from 8am to 7pm. Now for the good news, it looks like most of the work is almost complete. As we complained all week you should ask for room 3011, we have it fixed up perfectly for the next couple that it is given to. I wish we had a garden view room while we were there.

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

Not leaving till Nov 27, is there alot of construction going on.. is this all from hurricane damage or just repairs/renovations in general..are all the rooms like the pictures (within reason)

We have booked jacazzui unit asked for 2nd floor and emailed hotel they said they will put note in system..we where just in cozumel in February..so we did the Tulum, Xe-Ha, Submarine and drove around Coz so this is just relaxation and fun..

Toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

All from new construction. When we were about to book, our travel agent noticed a note from the tour operator (Signature) that a new Italian restaurant was being built and that there would be some construction going on. We asked that we be put as far away from this as possible and they did. Unfortunately on the other end of the resort they were adding a bunch more rooms which was even more loud. It seems that they are almost done these rooms so you shouldn't have any problems with the noise. My guess would be that you will have a few problems with your room though. Don't' worry about it.

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from EDSS Oct 9-16

Not to worried when in coz at iberostar... the shower nozzle came off the wall they fixed right away.... were you on a bottom unit they only problem we at at IB was the people above us when they walked it was like they were coming through the floor/ ceiling... as long as my husband can get a chair by a palm tree near the ocean and he can snorkel he will be happy... has own renovation business working 6 days a week time for a break.