We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Tulum and the Beach

toronto
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Difference between Tulum and the Beach

A little confused--Is the town of Tulum and the beaches close together?--Could someone give information on the two, and a little background for a visit from resort near Akumal--Thanks

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Tulum and the Beach

Look at some maps online to get an idea where thngs are.

todotulum.com

sac-be.com

Basically there are 3 areas of Tulum: the ruins along the beach, the cabana hotels along the beach south of the ruins that extend for a few miles, and the pueblo/town located a few miles from the beach area where locals live.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Tulum and the Beach

Oh, there's another thread with the same name, and I just posted to it.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Tulum and the Beach

Yeah...I tried to get the duplicate deleted this morning, but guess that didn't happen.

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference between Tulum and the Beach

If you want to save money, stay in town and if you have a car, drive to the beach. You can also taxi to the beach for not that much, but I suppose over several days the taxis could add up and cut into what you're saving by staying in town. I've done both--stayed a few nights in town and a few nights on the beach. That wasn't a bad solution. If you're going to stay on beach, check what your accomodation provouides in terms of air conditioning (you're more likely to get that in town), hours of electricity, etc. You can't walk to the beach from the town--it just wouldn't pay to do that. The walk would be long and not all that pleasant--it's a question of diminishing returns. Even biking to and from the beadh becomes arduous after a few days (I know,, I've done it).

5. Re: Difference between Tulum and the Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 06:18