We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

damage in tulum

maine
5 posts
Save Topic
damage in tulum

Holly, we have a wedding scheduled at Ana y Jose in Tulum next Sunday. Do you have any idea what the structural damage is in Tulum? And will the Cancun airport be out of commission for awhile since people are flying in Wednesday from the US? Any insight on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Steve

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: damage in tulum

I just checked the Cancun airport website (www.cancun-airport.com). It says opening TBA. I imagine it would open in a couple of days, but that's just a guess on my part. I would assume it would be open by Wednesday.

I am not expecting to receive any concrete news from our staff until late tonight or tomorrow. I have been receiving periodic reports from a person in Tulum pueblo, which I have been posting on the forum. However, this information is limited to weather conditions, as no one has even ventured out of the building, much less down to the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: damage in tulum

I just checked the Cancun airport website (www.cancun-airport.com). It says opening TBA. I imagine it would open in a couple of days, but that's just a guess on my part. I would assume it would be open by Wednesday.

I am not expecting to receive any concrete news from our staff until late tonight or tomorrow. I have been receiving periodic reports from a person in Tulum pueblo, which I have been posting on the forum. However, this information is limited to weather conditions, as no one has even ventured out of the building, much less down to the beach.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: damage in tulum

Steve,

We have oursscheduled there as well in a few months. I hope you are able to continue your plans and please post your experience on the forum as I am sure there are others interested as well. I just hope everyone and everything down there is all right. So far it looks like people came through all right for the most part, not sure about the area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: damage in tulum

I am expecting a report in about an hour. I will post then.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: damage in tulum

any news on damage to Aventura Spa

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: damage in tulum

We're scheduled to leave on 11-3 for Aventura Spa Palace. Any news posted here about damage will be quite helpful! This is the biggest trip we;ve ever taken (it is our 25th anniversary). Our best friends who are going with us have not taken a single vacation in their 15 year marriage!

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: damage in tulum

We're scheduled to leave on 11-3 for Aventura Spa Palace. Any news posted here about damage will be quite helpful! This is the biggest trip we;ve ever taken (it is our 25th anniversary). Our best friends who are going with us have not taken a single vacation in their 15 year marriage!

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
30 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: damage in tulum

Holly - the work that you and others in, or with contacts in, Quintana Roo generally is very much appreciated.. if you have the opportunity to find out any information about Club Maeva, it would really be great if you could let me and I'm sure others know the status of their resort - I know they took a bit of a kicking from Emily and I hope they haven't been beaten up too badly.

Thank-you.

Seattle, WA
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: damage in tulum

Has anyone been by Piedra Escondida? We were planning to be there starting this Friday, Oct. 28th.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: damage in tulum

Report from EcoTulum Resorts: Cabanas Copal, Azulik, and Zahra in Tulum:

We have had contact with our general manager. He traveled by car from Zahra (where he waited out the storm) to Tulum, and the road is passable from the main highway in Tulum to our lodges on the beach.

Our staff is all well.

We have some roof damage and a few of our cabanas and villas need more repair inside due to some water damage.

Our restaurant at Copal has some damage. The restaurant at Zahra suffered very little.

The beaches are fine.

We are electing to close for one week to clean up and take care of the major repairs. We will continue to update as we have more information: http://www.ecotulum.com/faq/wilma.html