We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

damage to el dorado royale

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
damage to el dorado royale

just wondering if anyone has any information on edr as we are due to fly from england 1st nov for two weeks for my wife 50th birthday. we are praying for everyone there

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: damage to el dorado royale

Karisma Hotels, which runs EDR and EDSS have set up a web page with hurricane information. So far they are not saying much, other than that they will not be in on Monday and Tuesday.

http://www.karismahotels.com/huracan.html

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: damage to el dorado royale

I agree we should all be concerned for the people there.

Having seen some recent news footage, it is very bad.

Most of the facilities at EDR are very close to the sea. The beached whales got a workout for sure. A lot of thached roofs? The property is realatively flat and not that much higher than sea level, causing possible water damage. EDR has suffered some problems in the past storms.

It will probably take a week to even assess the damage. Lets hope for the best.

As for up-coming vacations. I would be considering my options before everyone else re-routes and the favorable resorts in other destinations are full.

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: damage to el dorado royale

Read some of oremester comments about possible EDR damage that they heard from the shelter. link below

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k3180…

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: damage to el dorado royale

Marriott has announced the following on their website concerning their three hotels in Cancun: "Due to early damage assessments, we anticipate these Cancun hotels will remain closed through December 31, 2005."

I would guess that this will be the case for almost all the hotels and resorts in the Cancun/Cozumel/Riviera Maya area, including EDR.

I was scheduled to leave for EDR next Saturday. I hope they come up with something concerning rescheduling or refunds very soon.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: damage to el dorado royale

we were going to leave on Sat for EDR too. Been planning it for months. Even upgraded to a Casita. But nooooo. So we rebooked to Puerto Vallarta. It's beautiful and definately old Mexico. Beautiful Pacific Ocean and lots of things to do. The folks at Priceline were able to get us new plane res. but Aeromexico charged us $50 per ticket to change a small price to pay for peace of mind. We will be at La Jolla des Mismaloya, in a suite with AI for about the same price as a Casita. See ya all soon.

Colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: damage to el dorado royale

From the Karima's Hotel website it states they are closed until November 8th... http://karismahotels.com/

We were to arrive on October 26th, but our flight and reservation to EDR has been cancelled. I quess we will try to rebook @ the 1st of the new year. Very sad!!