We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape /DreamsTulum

London
1 post
Save Topic
Sunscape /DreamsTulum

I am going there on 4th December. Have been reading all the comments and some people seem to be cancelling holidays in December. Does anyone know if things will be back to normal in December?

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape /DreamsTulum

Someone posted a letter from a manager. The Sunscape suffered minimal damage, other than landscaping issues. They are running on generator, and are housing guests from other hotels. Construction is ongoing. I am sure there has to be a construction setback, due to days lost. The biggest issues are airport repair, electricity, water, sewer & phone, for the region.

I don't know when you were supposed to go. If the new rooms, restaurants, pools & bars are important to you, I would reschedule for Sunscape. You can try to book somewhere other than the Yucatan, where there is no construction, or weather delays.

Trash & sea weed washing up on the area beaches, from previous storms, was a large complaint. I would think it might be worse, now.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape /DreamsTulum

We are also doing there on the 2nd of December. There was a post on locogringo and it said that the resort didn't have a lot of damage, just mostly to the grounds, sand in the pools ect. I'm hoping everything will be back to normal soon.