We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving lessons for beginners

north carolina
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving lessons for beginners

looking for an all inclusive resort which offers scuba diving lessons for beginners, two teenagers, ages 15 and 16. The oldies just want to snorkel but feel this would be an ideal time for the teenagers to take the diving course. Any suggestions. Would prefer a smaller resort if possible.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving lessons for beginners

Akumal Beach Resort is a small resort, inexpensive and kind of homey (i.e., not glitzy) in a town famous for both diving and snorkeling. The adults can snorkel right from shore, and I'm sure they have a dive shop. The rates are so low, in fact, that you can eat out in town from time to time without feeling like you're wasting money. I've never actually stayed there, but I know many who have. Check the Akumal forum or Locogringo.com, which has many many avid fans (and they book for the ABR, so they have pictures in their accomodations section).

2. Re: scuba diving lessons for beginners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 05:19