We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Sunblock

Atlanta
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
San Francisco Sunblock

Does anybody know if the San Francisco Supermarket has plenty of sunblock offerings? My wife is a sunblock junkie, and I think if we can forgo bringing sunblock, we can avoid the $50 check-in fee. Thanks.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,854 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

Y'know...I'm not if I've seen in there since I always bring my own (they probably do, though). If not, a pharmacy will definately have it. But if you want something super specific or fancy, you should bring your own.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

We had a somewhat difficult time finding sunblock in Tulum last July. The SF had little to none and we ended up buying it from a pharmacy on the "main drag" in Tulum Pueblo. They did not have a bunch to choose from, however. You can definitely get what you need but it may not be a wide enough assortment to please a "junkie". Maybe a stop in Playa would bring a better selection.

For us, the search was better than having to check bags.

Good luck!

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
192 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

They do have it, we've purchased it there a couple times. If I remember correctly it was back by the shampoo.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

I remember when we were at the SF last year in April we were astounded by the price. They did not have much selection as stated, I think just coppertone and maybe one or two others. It was about 2 times what you'd pay for coppertone here, and 3 times what you'd pay for a brand like Target or Walgreens.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

Are you sure you have to pay a check in fee since it's an international flight. I know we're not paying one on Mexicana.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

pairofloafers: We're flying Delta. I thought that there was a checked bag fee for Mexico, but there website says there isn't! I guess we'll go ahead and check a bag. Thanks for the tip.

7. Re: San Francisco Sunblock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Tulum
Recent Conversations