We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach club with music, best one?

orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach club with music, best one?

Were leaving Tuesday and going to take a trip to the ruins and after we want to go to the one of the beach clubs for a few hours, are the any that has music pumped in or live, we like techno, rock, pop, of course jimmy buffet style., any music really just and up vibe to relax and have some drinks and sun. We have been to Mamitas, Cool, and fusion, and Bad Boys in Playa and love that, are there any similar in tulum? Thanks

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,200 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach club with music, best one?

I'm not familiar with PDC beach clubs, but Tulum in general is much lower key than PDC, so you may not find exactly what you are looking for. Try Mezzanine or Playa Azul.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach club with music, best one?

I never heard any music at the beachclubs in Tulum (thank god). There is usually music in the restaurants, but you cannot hear that at the beach.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach club with music, best one?

I didn't hear any music on the beach during our trip a few weeks ago. For me personally, this was one reason that I loved Tulum - peace and quiet!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach club with music, best one?

I heard techno playing at Mezannine & Playa Azul (not on the beach) and that was fair warning to turn around and find someplace else.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach club with music, best one?

If you are looking to hang the same way as you did in Playa you will be disappointed. That said there is nowhere better to spend a day at the beach like Tulum. If that type of atmosphere is important to you try Playa Azul on a sunday they have that type of thing going on. Not the norm for Tulum though.

NYC
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: beach club with music, best one?

go to BeHotel just north of Milamores....its got that Euro Beach Club feel...sexy people...infinity pool....you can have drinks and chill out.....the music won't be loud and more than likely it will be downtempo...

just google BeHotel Tulum

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach club with music, best one?

El Paraiso beach club plays music. Not as loudly as they do in Playa, but it gives the place a fun vibe for those who enjoy that.

And it's walking distance from the ruins. Leave the ruins from the side/south path/road and it will let you out at the very north end of the beach road. You can cut out to the beach at Zacil Kin, pick up a beverage there and walk along the water until you reach El Paraiso, which will be pretty obvious when you get there (swing bar, music, many chairs and beach beds).

Edited: 07 May 2010, 17:15
8. Re: beach club with music, best one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:17