We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mil Amores?

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Mil Amores?

I am looking for a hotel in Tulum for another visit Fab. - March. I loved Ocho but won't stay at the S & Hip hotel which took it over last year. Someone recommended Mil Amores. I looked at the website and it looked very nice, but now "go-daddy" says that the website expired. Ocho seized, Mezannine shut down and moved, what is up with Mil Amores and have there been other such seizures and closures in the beach hotel zone lately?

SF
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mil Amores?

I would love to hear about this as well. I sent them emails to both the hotel and reservations emails twice and did not hear anything back. I also noticed their website went down at the end of June.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,645 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mil Amores?

This is interesting. We were there in mid June and drove by a few times, but never went in because the gate was closed. There were no closure signs or anything; and never walked that far down the beach. Locogringo had been repping them for a very short time and I just checked...they aren't listed on LG any more.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mil Amores?

Looks like I'm going to need a plan C. Still looking for a hotel to match Ocho with a great beach, simple Mexican decor, not a romantic couples resort, large room w 2 beds, (beach) restaurant in premises or very nearby. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

4. Re: Mil Amores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 04:05
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mil Amores?

Have you considered Suenos? You said "not romantic" and I thought Suenos was romantic, but I would say Ocho was too. Same great beach you loved, and I believe they have several rooms with two beds. They have a very nice restaurant on site only for guests, and as I'm sure you know is very close to several others.

Good Luck!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mil Amores?

Suenos looks like a great place, but I'm afraid that the faux Mayan carving and the coordinated color schemes put me off. Looking for a simpler more rustic decor if possible.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mil Amores?

What is your budget?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mil Amores?

I'm not looking for a budget hotel. Also not interested in luxury w A/C. Large room, beach breeze, ceiling fan, clean and simply decorated. Food & drinks very nearby.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mil Amores?

NVR or La Zebra perhaps?

10. Re: Mil Amores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:17