We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

On the way to the beach from town, we drove past what looked like a new development being built on the right. Light standard and paved sidewalks have already been built.

What's up?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

I get confused by it - might all be the same thing; not sure - Aldea Zama, Maya Zama, Downtown Tulum - I can never tell what is what from their websites.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

"Light standard and paved sidewalks have already been built"

- that is the beginning of the end for the eco-hotels of Tulum. beach. Electrical power, water & sewer have been established to the edge of the beach road. The grid is in the hood.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

I remain hopeful that the hotel owners on the beach, at least the south part of the beach, will continue to resist the grid, but you're right, we will see what we see.

It's my understanding that part of the development in that area will be a golf course. Taxi driver told me it's already being built. There's also a new Pemex on the road, which I suppose will be convenient for the bomberos at least!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

Do they have any idea how much fresh water it takes to maintain the grass on a golf course? Where is that water to come from?

5. Re: Development on the road to the beach (on the right)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:22