We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever stayed in the Casa Mexicana at Nueva vida de Ramiro? My husband and I will be traveling to Tulum for a week in early July and are looking for a house. I can't seem to find any reviews on the Casa anywhere. Curious to know how "rustic" it is. I'm mostly concerned about the heat and screens for the bugs.

Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

It's very nice-I have looked at this place. I stay at NVR 3 to 4 times a year.

You are paying for peace and rustic. It's never hot and yes the windows have screens and the beds have nets-you will not need them-I always sleep with my doors wide open-a lot of security at this hotel-it's not needed but a good feeling.

If you need help-please ask me. They know me very well.

Thomas A. Brown

Look at the website tulumnv.com-there are photos of your place on there-rooms and rates-even a photo of the location on that HUGE chunk of beautiful beach.

ENJOY.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

I would not agree that it is "never hot". I have been hot in February some nights, but it's not really a concern. The sea breeze is usually enough to keep you cool as you sleep even in September, just saying it's not "never" hot.

Casa M is quite lovely, but it's pretty large for two people, and quite expensive. Do you really need a kitchen? NV has some other great units for two people that might suite you well. I mean, they include a nice continental breakfast and with the money you'd save with a room for two vs. a house meant for four, you can easily eat all of your meals at restaurants...

I don't mean to challenge you, just wondering.

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

September can be very HOT when the wind stops blowing-this has only happened twice out of dozens of trips to Tulum over the years. Not to worry - you are in the Caribbean and it is tropical-heat is a factor. I enjoy June and July very much-the ocean in my experience is often very calm. Casa Tortuga and Casa Sophia are very nice-you can find information on them if your search falls short. Not all of us are menopausal and do enjoy the heat-I'm sure you will have a ceiling fan and a large balcony with a breeze. Depending on your budget a few private homes do have AC and do ask if there is an additional charge-there often is. As for my mention of never being hot-when you're on the beach it's very nice and much cooler than staying off the beach as people do without the means to afford a nice beach house or cabana. I would never consider staying off the beach due to the heat anytime of the year.

Enjoy and please feel free to ask me any questions-I'm friends with the owners of both homes having stayed there often over the years-no worries.

Have a wonderful time.

Thomas A. Brown

San francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

Thanks so much for the great information! I have gone ahead and booked it- can't wait to go!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

TB ?-why did you make that crack that "Not all of us are menopausal " It is sexist,ageist, & rude. Do you consider yourself superior to older females?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

I'm not menopausal (if that matters), and TB has already proved himself by contradicting his own post--first saying it's *never* hot, then saying it is hot, but it's ok because it's tropical. Clear as mud.

I have traveled to Tulum in every season, almost every month of the year. I have been cool in September and hot in February, and I ALWAYS stay full-on beachfront. I'm just saying you can not plan on the weather, period. Sometimes it's going to be hot, that's all. It's simply not fair to tell people that they will never feel the heat at night.

Edited: 05 April 2011, 03:39
San francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

Funny- I hadn't even read TB's menapausal response when I had posted mine- what a thread it's spurned!

I've been to Tulum and other parts of the Caribbean many times- I know it's hot- isn't that the draw? I was just wanting to know about fans & screens at Casa Mexicana only because I've stayed at other places that have had neither and you roast from the heat at night and get eaten alive by the bugs!

To answer Beachreader, we are traveling with another couple, which is why we were looking for a larger place. Sometimes it's nice not to have to eat out for every single meal, keep cold drinks around, etc.

Thanks again everyone! looking forward to my trip, and staying at NV.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,467 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

One thing I understand about Casa Mexicana is that to access one of the bedrooms, you have to walk through the bedroom next to it. If that makes sense...

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

I would like to express an apology to you for beachreaders remarks. This is a forum to express personal experiences and opinions. beachreader feels compelled to express her opinion about my experiences. I enjoy sharing what I know from my own experiences in Tulum. I have been traveling there for many years and have many connections. I am always available to help travelers with questions that they might have. Tulum is a second home to me and I enjoy helping people with questions.

I travel in different circles and know many of the owners of the hotels. I am sorry if my ability to enjoy life, having money and enjoy traveling offends anyone.

Please ignore the personal attacks that are directed at me-they have nothing to do with this forum and are simply rude and tasteless . If you have any questions about Nueva Vida I can direct you-please feel free to contact me.

Thank you

Thomas A. Brown

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Mexicana @ Nuevo vida de Ramiro

Question for you...im looking into NVR and would love your perspective on the room since you are so well travelled there.

They have available jr suite #2 Horizonte Perdido and #4 Sueno Caribeno. My biggest concern is the heat without a/c - do either of these have better ventilation, and should I even be concerned?

Thanks for you help!!