We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Tulum Airport Delays

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,295 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
More Tulum Airport Delays

According to local media reports, the Federal Government has rejected all bids on the new airport. I have read many comments that few think this airport can attract enough flights to be profitable.

To me, good news.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

Very good news

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,295 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

Agree. I think they would only get charter carriers at best. The scheduled airlines are not going to go the extra expense of serving both airports.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

Sadly, i believe It is still only a matter of time until the entire coast of Quintana Roo is developed. If the airport is built - it will speed up the development. If there is more development like the massive condo, subdivision housing, & golf course going up on the road from Tulum Pueblo to the beach, then there will be a demand for another airport. I can remember Playa before Cancun was finished & the airport open - just a quiet fishing village.

Mentioned in this post
Quintana Roo
Quintana Roo
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

It's my understanding the golf course has been put off as well, due to the mangrove protection laws. Not sure how long that will hold, but I thought it good news if true.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

Hurray!! That is really good news! Thank you for posting it!

6. Re: More Tulum Airport Delays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 05:18