We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Topic
Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

We normally go to Cozumel where we drive to beaches, swim/snorkel, sun, and get drinks and food. Are the beaches in Tulum similar? Or if there are only hotel beach options can you still use the food and drink amenities there if you aren't staying there?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

The beaches in Tulum are the best in the Yucatan in my opinion. There are beach clubs where you can get beach chairs, food, & drink and you can the same at most of the hotels along the beach.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

You can pop into any restaurant and order food/drinks along the beach - they are not exclusive to hotel guests only....except La Conchita's breakfasts and Suenos as far as I know. You may not be able to use the beach loungers, etc as those might be reserved for hotel guests only (each place is different depending on occupancy). I like to bring a nice flat sheet from home to set up as my beach lounger in these situations.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

The beach road is narrow and winding and you can feel like you are holding up the show on your first pass through the south hotel/beach area as you try to read signs and get a feel for things . It's not that it's crazy busy but you can't always pull over and let people pass because the road is narrow and there are pedestrians to watch for . I would drive the roughly three or four miles of the south beach area and get a feel for the scope of the place and pull a U turn somewhere out where the hotels thin out a bit and return to someplace that looked good or that someone recommended . These are small hotels with lots of shade and a nice winding road in case I've made it sound bad . It's not , It's great . It reminds me of looking for one person's cottage on a winding lakeside road of many cottages .There are lots of places to choose from . One that had lots of parking to watch for is Ziggy's beach club at the Cabanas Tulum with inexpensive food and drink by Tulum beach standards. You can walk the beach a long way in either direction and scout out other places from the beach perspective and relocate there or save them for another day . Cheers

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

Some of our favorite places for food & drinks on the beach: Le Zebra, Casa Violeta and OM. Casa Banana was excellent too - across the street, though they have beach service to your palapa too.

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

Hi

You can eat and drink at any of the hotels on the Tulum Strip-after you eat or before simply ask if you may use the beach area-I'm sure they will not mind as long as you're spending money-my favorite is Nueva Vida de Ramiro-try to avoid La Zebra-not very nice staff.

Thomas A. Brown

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

TB is NVR beach open to the public?

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

Hello OM-

As a hotel owner you should know the answer to this question-as with most of the hotels on the Tulum Beach-if a guest is eating and drinking are you not going to let them enjoy your beach? I would even offer them a beach towel. My advise would be YES-it's good business and will bring you future guests-to refuse a lunch guest from using the beach is simply bad business-they are spending money at your hotel-maybe even take the time to offer to show them a room when they visit.

Reviews are very important to your business as hundreds of people read mine because i am a regular guest in Tulum.

Thomas A. Brown

8. Re: Tulum Beach Eats and Drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 16:16