We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having trouble deciding on lodging...

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Having trouble deciding on lodging...

My husband and I are vacationing in Tulum Feb 17-21 as a "babymoon." The last beach vacation without a baby. We want to be budget conscious, yet don't want anything super rustic. The idea of an ocean front cabana with a palapa roof is very attractive.

A lot of places don't have availability but we have seen interesting places at Cabanas La Conchita, Luv Tulum, Hemingway, and possibly one or two others i can't recall.

Can anyone give some advice?

THANKS

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having trouble deciding on lodging...

all depends on how much u want to pay and what your expectaions are for lodging- as long as it's on the beach u should be ok

wisconsin
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having trouble deciding on lodging...

La Conchita is a quaint property on the north beach. I've never stayed there but have stayed several times next door at Posada Del Sol and think they're quite similar & both get great reviews. It's a fun area but the one downside is you're in a cove & can't walk the beach for miles unless you walk the street for a bit & then reenter the beach near El Pez. We normally split our stay between there & somewhere on the south beach section. Hemingway looks great & I was tempted to stay there this year, however, it's right on the edge of the rocky area so the beach can get a little seaweed. Still incredible, but I always like some of the time further south where the beach is wide, white & incredible. And lastly, we stayed at Luv Tulum last year in one of the 2 upper floor rooms right on the beach. Incredible views in a great section of beach. We love this area. The only downside is that I didn't feel that the property was well managed - headboard falling, rotted deck floorboards, broken chairs & no open restaurant. But there was no way any of that ruined our stay! It's still an amazing area & a room that was closer to the water than just about any other room on the Tulum beach. I think all would be great!

Mentioned in this post
La Posada Del Sol
La Posada Del Sol
233 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
El Pez Restaurant
El Pez Restaurant
307 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum Beach
Tulum Beach
311 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
3. Re: Having trouble deciding on lodging...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 10:16