We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hechizo

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
430 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Hechizo

We tried to have dinner at Hechizo this evening, but the gate was closed and all lights were out. We tried to call but couldn't get through. We opened the gate, walked in, no lights or sound anywhere. It's a Wednesday night, we thought they would be open.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hechizo

Bummer! I don't know their hours, but I'd heard they'd closed temporarily a while ago--maybe they haven't re-opened yet? Hope you find out what's up.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,795 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hechizo

Did you have a reservation?

minneapolis
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hechizo

I was there about a month ago on Wednesday night. But it's possible that they didn't have any reservations on the night you showed up so they didn't bother to open.

It definitely is a place where you need to make reservations.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hechizo

I dont have all the information but they are closed for now

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
430 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hechizo

We didn't have a reservation, although we did try to call. The reviews in TA are pretty recent, so they may have just closed. I asked the chap at the NVR desk, and he wasn't aware they were closed.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hechizo

I'm sorry to hear that they're closed, even just for now. I hope it doesn't become permanent. Stefan and Hui are true gems in Tulum.

maine
Level Contributor
538 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hechizo

This is really too bad. I was in touch with Hui a few week ago about another matter and told her we planned to see them in April. It didn't sound like there were plans to close... Hope all is well with them both.....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hechizo

I was under the impression you had to make reservations as well. Its such an intimate place that if something like a personal emergency happened, it would seem theyd have to close. Sorry you went all that way to not have the experience.

9. Re: Hechizo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:41