We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

Hola mi amigos! I am staying in Isla Mujeres and would like to take a day trip to the beach in Tulum. Can you please recommend transportation and a place to relax on the beach with facilities? Also, a great place to eat before heading back to Isla. Preferably the safest and fastest for a female traveling alone. Gracias!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

There may be other good transportation options, but we were very pleased with USA Transfers between CUN and Tulum. Cost was ~$150/couple round trip (+ tip). Cheaper than taxis... more expensive but much more convenient than local bus transport

Once there, I'd suggest the beach near LeZebra. Super relaxed, plenty of restaurants/bars within a 15 min walk on the beach, and lots of near-empty beach to find your perfect spot.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

The ADO bus from cancun to tulum is actually very convenient and runs quite often.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

ADO is great as are the collectivo's. If this is your first visit tot he Tulum area why not splurge and get an inexpensive room in the pueblo and explore for a full day?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

I agree with Tulu--do you realize how far Tulum is from Isla M? First, you'll take the 30-min ferry across from Isla. Then you'll get yourself onto some sort of transport to Tulum. Fastest possible will get you there in an hour and a half or a bit more.

Reverse the process, and in a perfect world, you're on the road for at least 4 hours out of your "relaxing" day. Worst, maybe 6 hours.

I would definitely re-jigger your trip and just stay in Tulum for a night or two if you want to see what it's like.

Is that possible for you? Or are you committed to Isla for all of your nights?

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

Muchas Gracias! I will take ADO and look at staying overnight...

6. Re: Isla Mujeres to Tulum Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:17