We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi pricing

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi pricing

Out of curiosity.... Does anyone know about cost from the Tulum beach hotels to Tulum pueblo? We will be staying at Cabanas la luna and would like to know how much to budget. Also. Is that distance walkable? If so how long would it take? Any light on this subject would be great! Thanks!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi pricing

Still no responses? I'll hazard a guess. We didn't take a taxi to the pueblo, just around the beach road. I'd guess the pueblo is P150 to P200, since it can be nearly P100 just getting around beach road. The prices aren't the same per driver, and may vary significantly. Taxis don't have a 'meter'; its whatever price the driver says. I suppose you can try to bargain.

It isn't walkable from our perspective, unless you like walking for a long time. Some people bike it.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi pricing

Nope, not that much. When I was last there in February, i.e., last month, drivers wanted anywhere from $60 pesos to $80 pesos to La Luna. Be sure to ask the driver BEFORE YOU GET IN THE TAXI how much it will be.

Not walkable in my opinion, either. It's about 4-5 miles to town. But definitely bikeable.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi pricing

Yeah, that was our mistake with the taxis. We'd give the destination, get there, then ask quanto. I thought the prices were excessive given the distance. Next trip we'll know better...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi pricing

The most we spent on a taxi all week was 90 pesos from Posada Luna del Sur on the south end of the pueblo to OM which is pretty far down on beach road. The reverse trip I got down to 80 pesos.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi pricing

Wow, 90 pesos is great for that far of a distance! Did you negotiate at all? Like he said 100, and you said, "no, 90"?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi pricing

This from Om Tulum's FB page. January 2012

I tried using Trip Advisor to post these photos but they said it was non travel related

forums.locogringo.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1443742

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi pricing

Very helpful everyone! Thanks alot!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi pricing

It was consistently $80P from Nueva Vida to the Pueblo when we were there 1+ years ago.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi pricing

P80? Yikes. We paid that from NVR to La Zebra last week. Seems we paid too much...

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi pricing

I've paid 70 pesos from La Luna to OM. Guess its different all the time....