We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum villas

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum villas

Just thought I'd share my recent villa experiences.

Because we were three, and wanted to eat in sometimes, we were after a villa rather than cabins/hotels on Tulum Playa. Our dilemma was whether to take a villa in Tulum town, or on Soliman Bay, 11 km to the north. In the end, we did both, and I must say, I was a little disappointed with the Tulum town option, which was not hugely convenient even for Tulum (it was on the edge, a long walk in to restaurants etc), and resembled something of a gated community.

Our villa on Soliman Bay, on the other hand, had a sniff of paradise about it. A car is essential (but then, we were using the car when we had the Tulum town villa). And it's more expensive, to be sure, but still I think better value for money. Memorably sited, and, in our case, beautifully designed (but a number of the villas looked nice). We ended up extending our stay there.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum villas

next time look at things on gmaps and you would have a clear understanding of the goegraphy involved with any property. Tulum is about 15 blocks end to end.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,564 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum villas

It sounds like you stayed at Rancho San Eric. It has a lovely beach but is fairly removed from everything.along the more populated portions of the beach. We do talk about this on the forum when people inquire. Many people like the privacy of Rancho San Eric.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum villas

Hmm, I'm thinking they stayed somewhere in Tulum proper, not Rancho. Like maybe VT? I may be wrong, but the only beach place they stayed was up in Soliman.

Next time I would suggest staying somewhere along the main Tulum beach and seeing how that experience compares.

4. Re: Tulum villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 10:16